Iconic, contemporary, and timeless: these are three words that perfectly describe Avero, Belgian lingerie brand Marie Jo’s popular bra. Not only that, its feminine, daisy-dotted shoulder straps and sleek chequer fabric can also be described as distinctly recognizable. An equally recognizable bra is Tom: the epitome of Marie Jo L’Aventure’s unique minimalism thanks to its seamless cups, iconic bra straps with dot appliqués, and pure, clean lines.
With a passion for craftswomanship and an eye for sheer perfection, both icons are made not only for but also by women – in the beating heart of Marie Jo: the Belgian lingerie ateliers in Schellebelle. Discover five things you didn’t know yet about icons Marie Jo Avero & Marie Jo L'Aventure Tom and learn more about the journey of love.
- Marie Jo Avero’s floral embroidery is Swiss-made. Specialist Forster Rohner and Marie Jo have been pooling their passion for crafts(wo)manship for many years.
- Marie Jo L’Aventure icon Tom celebrated its twentieth anniversary in 2017 and is therefore one year younger than Marie Jo Avero.
- More than 45 versions of the Marie Jo Avero bra have been launched on the market. Every season, the icon appears in a trend colour as well as its basic colours.
- Every minute, at least one Marie Jo Avero is sold all over the world.
- The Marie Jo L'Aventure Tom shoulder straps originate from Barcelona, where IEBOSA fashions what makes this bra so recognizable: its whimsical dot appliqués.